31/03/2013

Cairns


Wendy awaits me in Cairns, we are going couchsurfing together, it is her very first time… I wish I could go back to my first time. It was a little bit awkward, but also delightful, like when you try a new flavor of ice cream, the first bite surprises you with its novelty until you realize that you actually like it. I have found us the perfect host! Christopher is a true gentleman, lives in a beautiful house a little outside of Cairns and tries to make our stay as comfortable as possible for both of us. We spend two great days together hiking in the mountain behind Chris’ house and going for swims in the jungle or in the outdoor swimming pool at the harbor.
Despite the nice company, after two days in Cairns I decide to fly back to Belgium. Fate decided that I needed a break. Diving course will have to wait for a next time, as will the Koalas and the Platypuses…

No comments:

Post a Comment