25/10/2013

Gansbaai – Overberg

It is a beautiful morning in Hermanus, and we are going to cage-dive with great white sharks…Who hasn’t seen the movies “JAW”? Listen to this http://www.youtube.com/watch?gl=BE&v=ZvCI-gNK_y4&noredirect=1 it fills you with terror, right? It doesn’t stop us. What an adventure! What we discovered was amazing. These animals are not mean, as we might think, but they are very curious and like to taste with their jaws... One of them bite the cage right in front of me. Saying my heart did not beat twice as fast would be a lie, but I am quite confident that the steel in front of me will hold. No feeding they promised. This is not entirely true. To attract the sharks, they pour fish oil into the sea and to play with them a giant sardine head is thrown repeatedly into the water. After 20 minutes in the water I feel like an ice cube. Enjoying the sharks from above is also quite pleasant and certainly not as cold! We take a shuttle to our last destination in South Africa, Cape Town. For me it’s the last destination of my travel around the world…

photos Gansbaai

No comments:

Post a Comment